501(c)(3) How It Works
Our starting point is to enjoy a no cost assessment together with you concerning your organization. Among other considerations, we will discuss your type of organization, objectives and goals, and things to do. We’ll then verbally establish the best method to submit the 501(c)(3) application. Additionally, we will go over our fees and federal and state charges.
Organizational Setup and Obtaining 501(c)(3) Tax Exemption.
Our first step is to gather Information from you regarding your board of directors and organization. We will then organize your non-profit on the state level and prepare all necessary documents to be incorporated (including Minutes & Bylaws) (See below for complete list)
- If Incorporated already, Articles of Incorporation reviewed for I.R.S. required 501(c)(3) language
- Articles of amendment if needed
- Bylaws and minutes
- (EIN) Employer identification number
- State charitable solicitation registration
- Multi-state charitable solicitation
- State tax exemption
- Sales tax exemption
If you are incorporated already, we will review your organizing document and attachments to see if they have the required 501(c)(3) Federal provisions. If they do not, we will prepare amendments for filling.
We will then register your organization with your state for charitable solicitation and state tax exemption compliance. We also file Multi-state charitable solicitations.
Next, with our Content Management Skill (CMS), we will gather Keywords and information on your organization’s activities, services, the past, present, future and construct a narrative for both the IRS application and State Solicitation registration.
After, based on the above we will then complete a 501(c)(3) Eligibility Checklist and go through additional eligibility requirements to file a 501(c)(3) application. We will make sure you are eligible. We will confirm if your organization will need to pay the $275.00 (file electronically), or $600.00 IRS application fee. (Hard copy via U.S. mail.)
(See below for complete list)
- 501(c)(3) 1023 – EZ eligibility qualification
- 501(c)(3) status within four weeks * (for qualified organizations)
- 100% Guaranteed Approval
- (for an organization that does not qualify for the 1023-EZ)
- Complete 501(c)(3) 1023 application preparation with all schedules and attachments (signature ready)
- 100% Guaranteed Approval
- Drafting of financials (3-year projection)
- Narrative and keywords reviewed (CMS)
- Conflict of interest
- I.R.S inquires
- Form 990-N (e-Postcard) – Required annually by the IRS. ($50,000 or less in gross revenue)
Finally, we will file the 501(c)(3) application to the I.R.S.
Based on the I.R.S qualification checklist we will either file electronically or hard copy via U. S. mail.
Should your application be assigned to an I.R.S agent for further review & inquiries we
are right here to act in accordance with them and successfully obtain a Guaranteed 501(c))3) approval.
Once you have received your determination letter from the IRS, the real excitement begins. Depending on your type of organization and 501c3 application filing you will receive approval from one to four months.
We offer lifetime support. That means that whatever you receive in the mail just fax it to our office and we will at no charge advise you on what to do.